CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My independent service learning Reflection

My experience for this year independent service learning hours, I would have to say it was great because I got the chance to get involved more in my community by participating in  my neighborhood saturday clean'up's and doing day care and baby sitting and helping clean around my church and those things I just mention meant so much for me because I never knew how it was to actually have fun while doing something for school just to help other's and I must say it was great very much a great experience for me to reflect on. Now that I've grown to see I wouldn't have wanted to do anything better for my hours because I learned a lot from it and it made me feel great knowing that I volunteered myself as a student from Constitution High school. Some of the activities I enjoyed most was Daycare, baby sitting, and Community clean up because the weather during the days I picked was very sunny not to hot not to cold just relaxing not to mention on the saturdays I did for the clean up made my legs hurt a little cause I was lifting heavy bags sweeping bending over picking trash up but the end of the day it payed off cause I think I lost 2 pounds. But my favorite activity was day care because I love the kids their just so funny and sweep and I liked the fact that I had to cook, watch over them, and create games and fun things for them to do and after that clean up this years service learning was just the best thing I've did all year and maybe hope to do it next year because it made me fill like a big kid again and that should be what giving back to the young generation should be like.

0 comments: